Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Patties Review




I recently got accepted into the BzzAgent Ball Park Flame Grilled Beef Patties bzzcampaign and received a coupon good for a free package, along with $2 off coupons to hand out to my friends. I found them at my local Giant Eagle grocery store, in the frozen food section, near the other frozen beef patties. They are priced at $8.99 for a bag of 6 patties and are available in Onion, Cheese or Original. They sometimes go on sale for $6.99.

I grabbed a package of the Cheese patties and game them a try. I was expecting a burger cooked in the microwave to come out either dry or rubbery, but was pleasantly surprised with the actual results. Cooking the patties are super simple. Grab an individual patty out of the freezer, place it on a plate, cover with a napkin or paper towel, and microwave for 75 seconds. The end result is a juicy, fresh-off-the grill tasting burger - from the microwave! In 75 seconds!

I usually buy ground meat when it goes on sale, and spend an hour making a ton of quarter-pound patties, freezing them individually and storing them in a large ziploc bag. It takes about 20 minutes to cook them in a frying pan on the stove, and they are nothing to write home about. Just plain old burgers. And there are many times I just don't want to wait 20 minutes for a ho-hum burger. But these Ball Park Flame Grilled Patties are perfect when you want a flavorful, quick meal that will actually satisfy your hunger. 

I will be stocking up next time they go on sale. While I normally pay about 50 cents a burger when I make them myself, these are a bit more pricey, and even when on sale for $6.99 they still average a little over a buck a burger. But in my eyes, they are worth that. Much cheaper than a frozen convenience meal, and much better tasting. I like that I am able to customize my burger too with whatever toppings I feel like at the moment. The cheese patties were great with pepperoni, lettuce, onion, ketchup and mayo!

Thank you Ball Park and BzzAgent for giving me the chance to try these new Flame Grilled Patties!

No comments:

Post a Comment